Monday, January 14, 2013

Chicken Asparagus Penne

This recipe has a very light flavor.  I tend to shy away from white sauces since they are so high in calories.  So this one looked awesome!  And we are definitely an asparagus loving family.  (Sorry no pictures, I am TERRIBLE at remembering to pull out my camera while I cook...  Click on the link, the original author has several awesome pictures).


Chicken & Asparagus Penne

Ingredients
  • 1 lb Asparagus- Steamed
  • 12 oz Whole wheat Penne-cooked
  • 1/4 Cup Olive Oil 

  • 1 lb Chicken Breast- Cubed and Cooked 

  • 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan
I prepared all my ingredients, then assembled.
I put the asparagus across the bottom of a 9x13 dish, then covered it with the Penne.  I drizzled the oil over it all, then kinda mixed it all together.  Sprinkle on the chicken, sprinkle on the cheese, then broil for 5 mins, until your cheese is golden.  (I probably would have mixed the oil over the chicken as well, a few of the pieces dried out in the oven).

Rating:  4 stars
Callen loves sauce, he would've preferred a heavier meal, but it was perfect for me and B!

No comments:

Post a Comment