Friday, January 11, 2013

Ranch Chicken Enchiladas

Callen LOVES ranch.  I occasionally find him putting it on (what I think) are random things.  Maybe it's normal to smother things in ranch.  (My personal preference is to smother things in cheese.  Maybe that's why I have at least 10 blocks of cheese in my fridge).  So when I saw this recipe, I figured I HAD to try it for the hubs.

And I was NOT disappointed.  I think this is going to be my new go-to for chicken enchiladas for the next little while.  (I mean, there are probably thousands of chicken enchilada recipes, so I am confident that after having this in my rotation for awhile, we'll be ready to find a new favorite).

The recipe was found here.  I'll go ahead and paraphrase.

Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts
1 c. chicken broth
1/2 packet dry ranch seasoning
1/2 packet taco seasoning
1/2 c. ranch dressing
1/2 c. salsa
2 c. cheddar cheese
8-10 tortillas

I took 3 chicken breasts (small ones) and put them in the crockpot with 1 cup of chicken broth, half a packet of dry ranch mix and half packet of taco seasoning.  The original recipe called for chicken taco seasoning, but the commissary didn't have any specific to chicken, so I used the regular stuff.  I cooked it on low for 4 hours, then was easily able to shred the chicken.

Towards the end of the cooking, I mixed half a cup of ranch dressing and half a cup of salsa in a bowl. I shredded (way too much) cheddar cheese and I made my tortillas.  (I love to buy the kind that are in the refrigerator section where you get to cook them yourself.  LOVE them!)

Assembly was then easy.  I put a spoonful of the ranch/salsa mix down the center of my tortilla.  I put about 1/4 c. of chicken on top, then covered it with cheese.  Then roll those bad boys up!

I laid them in an 8x8 dish that had been sprayed with pam and covered with a thin layer of the salsa/ranch mix.  (I probably should have used a 9x13 dish since the last few enchiladas I was literally SHOVING into the dish.)  Once they were all in there (and yes, I did have to kind of fold and shove the last enchildada into a little corner space), I once again covered them in cheese and popped them in the oven (preheated to 350 degrees) for 30 mins.

Once they came out, I drizzled a little more ranch on the top and served them!


Rating:  DEFINITELY 5.0 stars.  Absolutely divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment