Friday, June 22, 2012

Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti

I'm finally ready to start posting my meals.  Mostly as a way to catalog what I'm cooking so I can remember what I liked and what I didn't.  Tonight's meal comes as a thank you to my Bountiful Basket, which contained spaghetti squash, and this recipe.

I've never used spaghetti squash before.  But it's simple enough.

Cut the squash (I used two small ones) in half, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic salt, then cover in foil and cook at 375.  My oven tends to cook things faster than recipes require, so I went with 1 hr and 15 mins.  The recipe then said to use a fork and scrape out the "spaghetti".  I was confused as to how this would go, but it was in fact, really easy.  It kinda "spaghettis" itself as you scrape, so to do both, it took about 1.5 mins.


I browned turkey meat and added it to my spaghetti sauce, and now we're ready for dinner...



And the verdict is....
It's okay.  I'm not sure if I undercooked the squash, but it was a little crunchy.  Well, crunchier than noodles.  I think my problem is I expect something to taste the same as the original, when clearly it will not.  But it was good and considering I had to use the spaghetti squash, this was an edible recipe.  Will I ever search out and purposefully buy a spaghetti squash?  Probably not.

Two.eight stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment