Sunday, December 16, 2012

Stuffed Shells

I am unable to "pin" this recipe because there is no picture attached.  So I emailed the link to myself and have to search my email every time I want to make this.  How ghetto.  So I guess I'll just put it on here and stop the search.  There are several recipes for stuffed shells.  And I have tried lots of them.  This is consistently one of my favorites.  Super easy.  And of course, I use ground turkey instead of ground beef.  And last time I made it, I didn't have jumbo shells, so I used manicotti shells and it worked just as wonderfully! 4.5 stars!


stuffed pasta shells

Submitted by: PEYTONT1

Introduction

based on 4 shells/person
Number of Servings: 6

Ingredients

    Jumbo Pasta Shells about 24
    8 oz Prego 100% natural Traditional Sauce
    1 c cottage cheese
    4 oz Mozarella Cheese grated
    localoffersIcon SAVE NOW

    3 Tbsp Kraft Parmesan Cheese
    1 Egg
    8 oz Ground Beef
    1 Onion, diced small
    1 clove garlic, minced
     
    See Twists on Classic Italian Recipes!
     

Directions

Brown beef, onion and garlic. Add sauce and heat through, set aside. Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain and rinse with cold water until you can easily touch pasta. Mix cottact cheese and egg, add mozarella and parmesan cheese and blend well. Spray baking dish with cooking spray and place 3/4 c. sauce mixture on bottom. Take each shell and stuff it with about 1 Tbsp cheese mixture then place in dish. Continue to stuff shells until all ingredients are used up. Pour remaining sauce over shells, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min. uncover and let set 15 min before serving.

Number of Servings: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment