Sunday, December 16, 2012

White Chicken Chili

Just the mention of this name makes Callen start drooling.  His old roommate, Kyle Mann, made this for him.  Callen always talked about it, but I hesitated because I don't like chili.  So after much begging and pleading, I finally caved and asked Kyle for the recipe.  And so glad I did.  I mean, this is so good that when I take it to a church chili cook-off and there are probably 20 options of chili to choose from, Callen and I both still only eat the chili I brought. And it won once. It's that good. 5 stars.

White chili

1 or 2 tbs oil or butter
2 med. onion chopped
1 boullion cube
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs oregano
2 tbs cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
4 cans great northern beans
3 c. chicken broth
1 or 2 cans diced green chili
4 diced cooked chicken
1 or 2 cans white corn
2 c sour cream
4 c monterey jack cheese

1-cook onions in butter or oil
2-add spices
3-add other ingredients EXCEPT sour cream and cheese
4-simmer 1/2 hr
5-stir in sour cream and cheese
6-serve immediately

No comments:

Post a Comment