Sunday, August 11, 2013

Burger Buns

Callen grilled us some burgers the other night.  (I mixed a little worcheshire and garlic salt in the beef before I made patties.  And when I made patties, I actually made them thicker on the outer edge and thin in the middle, that way when you cook them and they condense a little, it ends up making them very even.  Genius.  Thanks Rachael Ray for that tip.)

I decided to make my own buns, cuz that's what I do.  I used this recipe.

Although the buns ended up smaller than they looked in the picture, they tasted great and complimented the perfectly disced burgers.  A delicious dinner!

Hamburger Buns
1 T active dry yeast
1 c. plus 1 T warm water
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 t. salt
3-3 1/2 c. flour

1.  In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.  Add oil and sugar, let stand for 5 mins.
Add the egg, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough.
2.  Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 3-5 mins.  Do not let rise.  Divide into 12 pieces; shape each into a ball.  Place 3 in. apart on a greased cookie sheet.
3.  Cover and let rest for 10 mins.  Bake at 425 for 8-12 mins or until golden brown.  Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.

Makes 12.


No comments:

Post a Comment