Sunday, August 11, 2013

Chicken Marsala

I had a ton of mushrooms to use up (I first typed marshmallows instead of mushrooms.  I think it's because Brooklyn calls the little marshmallows in her Lucky Charms cereal mushrooms.  I'm all screwed up now).  So I decided to make one of Callen's favorites to order at restaurants, Chicken Marsala.  And it was delicious!

I found the recipe here.  Good all Allrecipes.com

Chicken Marsala

Ingredients:
1/4 c. all purpose flour
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper
1/ t. oregano
4 skinless, bonless chicken breasts, pounded 1/4 in think
4 T butter
4 T olive oil
1 c. sliced mushrooms
1/2 c. Marsala wine
1/4 c. cooking sherry (I didn't have this so I just used 3/4 c. Marsala wine)

1.  In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and oregano.  Dredge chicken breasts in the mix.
2.  In a large skillet, melt butter in oil over medium heat.  Place chicken in the pan and lightly brown.  Turn over chicken pieces and add the mushrooms.  Pour in wine/sherry.  Cover skillet; simmer 10 minutes, turning once, until the chicken is no longer pink and the juice run clear.

I served it over pasta.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment