Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers

Without further ado...  here's the recipe.


Chicken ‘n’ Veggie Stuffed Peppers
Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground chicken (When I read the recipe, I just saw chicken.  So when I went to make this, I didn't have ground chicken.  So I just boiled some chicken breasts and chopped it into little chunks.  It worked breat!)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (Didn't use this.  Callen hates onions).
  • 1/2 c chopped mushrooms
  • 1 packet Knorr vegetable soup mix
  • 1/2 c. marinara sauce
  • 3 egg whites
  • 3/4 c. salsa
  • 2 – 4 large bell peppers (I only had 2 peppers, so I made 2).
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Mix chicken through salsa in a bowl
  • Cut off tops of peppers and remove the insides
  • Fill peppers with chicken mixture and bake for 40 minutes to an hour, until chicken mixture is fully cooked
  • Enjoy as is, or top with ketchup or hot sauce

*Note: You may cook any leftover chicken filling in a loaf pan and enjoy it as a chicken meatloaf.   (I did this and had an amazing and healthy lunch a few days later!)

Rating:  4.0 stars (maybe I just don't like peppers, but I would rather just eat the inside all day long then eat it with the pepper).

No comments:

Post a Comment