Sunday, August 19, 2012

Smothered Burritos

Tonight's dinner was simple.  Smothered burritos.  I love me a good crock pot recipe.  Something easy to make.  Especially now with two children.  (Seriously, who knew having TWO kids would be so difficult!  Being outnumbered is seriously a joke!)  This recipe was perfect.  It took maybe 2 minutes to throw in the crockpot this morning and maybe 15 minutes of prep this afternoon for a delicious dinner.  And it was even something my 2 year old would eat!

I took some stew meat and threw it in the crockpot.  Then pour over 2 10 ounce cans of mild enchilada sauce.  I added 2 tablespoons of beef bouillon (or you can use two bouillon cubes).  Cook on low for 7 hours.

When it was almost done, I heated up a can of refried beans and cooked my tortillas (seriously, after trying the cook yourself tortillas, I will never got back to buying ready to eat tortillas.  Look in the refrigerator section of your grocery store for these, they're amazing), and grated some cheese (that I then to had to fight off my two year old from.  She loves her cheese).


Then simply build the burritos.  Using a slotted spoon, remove the meat, put in the tortilla.  Spoon some beans over the top, then roll them up.  Once they're all in the pan, spoon over sauce from the crockpot and sprinkle, I mean smother, with cheese.  (Brooklyn's favorite part).  Broil for a couple of minutes to brown the cheese and your'e done!  Delicious and hopefully somewhat nutritious.  (I did use low sodium beans, that helps, right?)

Ready to eat!


Rating:  4.1 stars.  Next time I would probably add a little spice to the meat.  If I got a big chunk of meat, it didn't have a ton of flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment