Sunday, August 19, 2012

Roasted Potatoes

Sometimes I get in a rut.  I find a good way to make something and then just do the same thing over and over again.  I know it's going to be good, so why try something else that might not be good?  I do the same thing when I go out to eat.  I order the same thing all the time because I know it's good.  I have loved getting a bountiful basket each week because it forces me out of my comfort zone.  I have to try new things because otherwise I wear myself out on the same old-same old.

Welcome, potatoes.  I love mashed potatoes.  I could probably happily eat them every meal.  Well, maybe at least every day.  But Callen tends to wear out on things faster than me.  So I had to find a new potato recipe.  Found one here.  Loved it.

Basically, you slice the potatoes into wedges.  Coat them in olive oil, then sprinkle them with a mixture of bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.  The recipe called for spices, I chose to use garlic salt (a staple in this house).  Then you bake them!  That's it!  I love easy and I love me some potatoes wedges.

(I was worried that the crumbs mess on the pan would burn and cause a huge disaster later, but it ended up being not a big deal...)


Rating?  4.9 stars.  Almost perfect.  (Especially since I successfully made them without burning them!)


No comments:

Post a Comment