Thursday, August 30, 2012

Vanilla No Bake Cookies

Seeing as how 1.  I had to make a dessert that night, 2. I didn't want to go to the store, 3. I didn't have any chocolate chips, and 4. Brooklyn is allergic to peanuts, I decided to try these.

So glad I did!  Well, sorta.  I can't stop eating them.  That doesn't help with losing my 30 pounds of baby weight.  But they are delicious.

They are basically the same thing (same steps) for making chocolate no-bakes, just a few different ingredients.

Vanilla Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
2 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter 
2/3 c. milk
1 (3.4 oz.) box instant vanilla flavor pudding mix
3 1/2 c. quick cooking oats
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
In a large pan, mix together the sugar, butter and the milk. Bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, add in the pudding mix, oats and vanilla. Let stand 5 minutes. Drop by tablespoon onto wax paper and let cool. Store in an airtight container.
Rating:  5.0 stars!  I think this is my first official 5 star rating.  They're that good.


No comments:

Post a Comment