Sunday, March 17, 2013

Coleslaw

This is per Callen's request.  He was a huge fan of the coleslaw.
http://susikochenundbacken.blogspot.com/2010/04/better-than-restaurant-coleslaw.html

Here it is, in all its glory.

Better Than Restaurant Coleslaw
(adapted from All Recipes)

Ingredients:

1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix (I had a head of cabbage and some carrots that I grated with a cheese grater)
1/3 cup red onion, finely minced (omitted)
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper 
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
(Because of the mayo, this is a not a soy free side dish.  I'm not sure what to do at this point to make mayo soy-free.  I just didn't give any to B).
Preparation:
In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, salt, pepper, cayenne, milk, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, and lemon juice; whisk until smooth. Pour mixture over the coleslaw; stir well and chill for at least 1 hour. (I think I only let it chill for about 1/2 hour.  Bad preparation).

No comments:

Post a Comment