Sunday, March 17, 2013

Mango Chicken Skewers

We are loving our grill.  In fact, I learned how to use it this week and make some mango chicken skewers.  It was perfect.  I had mango and green peppers in my basket this week.  It was like it was meant to be.  And can I just say, they were A.MAZE.ING.  I normally don't like cooked fruit, so I was worried about the mangoes, but they were perfect.  The whole situation was perfect.  These will definitely be a new favorite around here.  (And this is a soy-free recipe that Brooklyn could also eat!)

I found the recipe here.

Mango Chicken Skewers

Ingredients
  • 6 Tbs. olive oil
  • ¼ cup fresh lime juice (I think I used 2-3 limes)
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 1 Tbs. sugar
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 3 ripe but firm mangoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
  • Bell peppers, optional
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, mix together the spices, and lime juice. Immerse the chicken and mangoes in the mixture and marinate for 2-4 hours, covered, in the refrigerator. (I only marinated for about 1 hour cuz I didn't prepare enough ahead.  And I didn't do the mangoes cuz I didnt want them to get soggy).
  2. Prepare a hot grill, line the grill with a strip of foil on one end to prevent the bottom of the skewers from burning. (I didn't do this either, I just loaded the sticks almost clear to the end with food).
  3. Take the skewers and alternately place pieces of chicken, mango and peppers. (Brooklyn loved doing this part).
  4. Arrange the skewers evenly on the grill. Turn them once while cooking and cook until cooked through and nicely charred. 6-10 minutes. Remove from grill and serve immediately.

5 stars.  Easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment