Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Whole Wheat Pancakes

Seriously, best pancakes I have ever have.  I can't even explain the taste, they were just amazing.  Plus I love that they are egg free so they are perfect for my little miss!

Go make these.  Right now.  I promise you will be satisfied.  (Recipe found here.)


Ingredients (Makes 4 pancakes)
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 4 tbsp. oil (Little MIss is allergic to soy, too, so I will use either olive oil or applesauce.  Probably applesauce)
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar
  • 2 tbsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon powder (optional, but seriously, use it)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
Method:
  1. Mix oil, sugar and vanilla well in a bowl.
  2. To it add the flour, milk and cinnamon powder.
  3. Now mix well but do not beat it.
  4. Leave it for 15 minutes to sit.
  5. Now heat a non-stick pan and pour a single ladle of batter on it.
  6. You will see bubbles appear as it cooks.
  7. Cook on both sides till light golden in color.
  8. We also made this as waffles.

    5 stars!  LOVED THESE!

No comments:

Post a Comment