Friday, May 10, 2013

Smashed Potatoes

My new favorite way to make red potatoes.  I go through phases, this is my current favorite.  And super easy.

This is from the Pioneer Woman.  Usually her recipes are winners, occasionally they're a little too spicy for me...

1.  Boil red potatoes until they are fork tender.
2.  (I cut mine in half in order to make the next step easier).
3.  Place the potatoes on a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil and, using a potato masher, smash them.  Not to smithereens, but pretty flat.  (She has some good pictures to help this make sense, feel free to check out the original recipe.)
4.  Now it's time to season them.  I don't remember what she suggests, I used garlic powder and sea salt.  Easy, simple, delicious.
5.  Drizzle with olive oil.
6.  Bake at 450 for 20-25 minutes.

They seriously come out like a mix between mashed potatoes and hash browns.  I could eat like 10 of them in one sitting.

I've already made them twice in a week and look forward to my next batch of red potatoes from Bountiful Basket so I can make them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment