Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hawaiian Haystacks

This recipe is something I got from my grandma.  Well, kinda.  She is the one I remember making them first.  Although she makes a beef main dish with it.  I made it once with a friend for a dinner and she made a chicken main dish to go with it.  Although both were/are delicious, the chicken recipe is SUPER easy.  So thank you, Shawnee for introducing me to this chicken recipe!

Basically, boil some chicken.  I usually make 2 chicken breasts.  Take out the chicken and cut them into bitesize pieces.  Keep a little of the water, about a cup and mix in one can of cream of chicken soup.  Dump back in the chicken and reheat.

I like to pour the chicken over some rice (usually brown rice).

Then come all the toppings:  Pretty much depending on your preference...

bacon (a must)
mandarin oranges
pineapple chunks
green onions
coconut
almonds
chinese noodles

I can't remember what else, but the sky's the limit!

Rating:  5.0 stars.  Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment