Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Zucchini Bread

This recipe was given to me by Katie Lundquist.  And I seriously can't get enough of it.  She made it for me right after I had Sydney.  And I've been craving it ever since.  I finally decided to make it with the zucchini I got from the farmer's market last week.  And since I don't have MY kitchen, I had to improvise.  I don't have a bread pan, so I used a baking dish.  I don't have an oven, so I used a toaster oven.  I don't have cooking spray, so I spread oil with a paper towel.  I don't have cinnamon, so I just didn't use it.  And it turned out AMAZING.  I cut it into squares instead of slices and it pretty much is just like zucchini cake!  It is that good!

Zucchini Bread

3 cups flour
1 Tb. cinnamon
1 ts. salt
1 ts. baking soda
1/4 ts. baking powder
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 Tb. vanilla
2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Mix flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder together.  Set aside.  Beat eggs, sugar, brown sugar, vegetable oil and vanilla.  Slowly mix in dry ingredients.  Blend in grated zucchini and nuts.  Pour into 2 greased and lightly floured 8 x 4 loaf tins.  Bake at 325 degrees for 60 to 70 minutes.

And as you can tell from the picture, they are going fast!  Definitely 5.0 stars!  In fact, 5.5 stars (out of 5!)

No comments:

Post a Comment