Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dorito Chicken Casserole

I am on a no-sweets eating plan right now except holidays.  (SO EXCITED TOMORROW IS A HOLIDAY!  I have my sweets all planned out...) So lately I have been craving chips.  I probably shouldn't be eating those either, but what do you want from me.  I'm not perfect.

So this little gem of a recipe was perfect the other night.  I found it at Jam Hands.

Mexican Dorito Casserole 
Serves 4-6


  • 2 c. shredded cooked chicken
  • 1 c. shredded cheese
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup (I used homemade soup)
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes (I have a bunch of fresh tomatoes from my basket, so I just chopped one up and omitted the jalapenos)
  • 1/2 packet taco seasoning (or more- to taste)
  • Bag of doritos (and you should probably eat some doritos as you are cooking.  Maybe like 3 servings worth)


1. Pre-heat oven to 350-f degrees.

2. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except doritos.

3. In a greased 2 qt baking dish, put a layer of crushed doritos (about 2 cups), then a layer of the chicken mixture. Repeat once more, ending with a layer of chicken mixture. Top with more shredded cheese, cover, and bake for 30-35 minutes, till bubbling hot.


And ENJOY!
Rating: 4.0 stars (I couldn't give it 5 stars since it's not the healthiest thing I've ever made... I mean, it has crunched up chips in it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment