Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spaghetti Squash Boats

This recipe I got from here.  Her site includes a recipe for a homemade sauce.  I kept it simple and used some traditional Ragu.

So basically, here it is in a nutshell.  Cut your spaghetti squash in half, rub a little olive oil on it, sprinkle some salt and pepper and then cook it, open side down, for 40-60 mins (I did 45) at 400.

15 mins before it's done, brown some turkey (or beef) and then mix in the spaghetti sauce of your choice (or use her recipe for her sauce).  Flip the boat over, fill it with the meat and sauce, then sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese.  Broil it for 2 mins or so, until the cheese is brown.  And voila!  Callen said several times that this is a keeper.  (The best part is, as you eat it, the spaghetti squash just shreds into little noodles as you go.  Callen thought I had gone through before it had cooked and hand shredded it with a fork so it was stringy, but still attached to the bottom of the squash.  I should've taken the credit.  Haha, I remember the first time I used spaghetti squash, I was surprised myself at home it just turns itself into spaghetti noodles.  Who would've thought!?!?)

Rating:  (per Callen), probably like a 4.9 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment