Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mushroom Caps

I am honestly trying to expand my horizons in terms of vegetables that I enjoy.  And I can officially say that mushrooms can be added to that list.  I had these first at my December Book Club Christmas dinner.  I was reluctant to try them, but the host had slaved over all day to make us an amazing dinner, so I figured I should AT LEAST try them.  And they were amazing.  I've made them twice since then.  And they are SUPER easy.

This is a Rachael Ray recipe.  Normally I read something by her and it has some RIDICULOUS ingredients, so I normally just skip on by.  But this one looked totally doable.  Check this out.

Chicken stuffing mix
Mushrooms
Olive Oil
Parmesan Cheese

Make chicken stuffing according to the box.
Remove the stems from the mushrooms.  I googled this and found a super easy youtube video explaining how to do it.  (I also learned that you should not wash mushrooms under water because it absorbs the water.  So you should use a brush and just brush them clean).
Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet.
Stuff the mushrooms with as much stuffing as you can possibly fit.  Seriously, the more the better.
Drizzle the oil over all of them.
Sprinkle the cheese on top.
Bake at 375 for 20 mins.
And enjoy.
4.8 stars.  (Sometimes the mushiness of mushrooms grosses me out.  But the overall taste totally overpowers that mushiness.)

No comments:

Post a Comment