Sunday, July 15, 2012

Monterey Chicken

Last night's dinner was a success.  It was super easy.  Callen didn't rant and rave about it like he did the other night with the last chicken dinner I made, but I liked it.

Monterey Chicken

1.  Pound out the chicken breasts until flat, then cook.  I used my George Foreman grill.  (Which, by the way, how do you even clean???  Don't get me wrong, I do my best, but there always seems to be a little left over from the last meal...)


2.  Get your ingredients ready:
     -grated cheddar cheese
     -chopped tomatoes
     -bacon bits (I cooked real bacon and tore it into pieces)
     -BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)


3.  Layer on your ingredients.
     -1 TBSP BBQ sauce, spread across the top of the chicken
     -1/4 c. cheddar cheese sprinkled on
     -1/4 c. tomato sprinkled on that
     -as much bacon as will fit on top of that
     (I think the actual recipe called for onions, but we don't do onions in this house)

4.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 5 mins, just long enough to melt the cheese.


Enjoy!  I pulled out some limes and we squeezed a little juice on top, which added a nice little...  what's the word, pizzazz!  (How do you even spell that?)

Rating:  I thought it was great, hubs said it was "good".  So overall, 3.7?

No comments:

Post a Comment