Saturday, July 14, 2012

Radishes

What the heck to do with radishes???

I got two bunches in my Bountiful Basket this week.  Here's a recipe I found and need to keep for this week.  So I haven't made this yet, but am planning on it.

SAUTEED RADISHES

I substituted olive oil for the butter and orange juice for the lemon juice. No chives either. Could be why they were only so-so. 

! bunch radishes
Boiling salted water
3 Tablespoons butter
Two tablespoons lemon juice. 
Fresh chopped chives

Thinly slice radishes and blanch in boiling salted water for 30 seconds. (Ok, I skipped this step also).

In a saucepan, melt butter. Add the lemon juice and blanched radishes. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 2 minutes, shaking the pan gently several times. In the last minute, add the fresh chives and stir. 

No comments:

Post a Comment