Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Zucchini Boats

This is one of our favorites.  And I love how healthy it is!

Start with some zucchinis, hollow them out.  I used a melon baller.  And I did 3 zucchinis.

Then I browned about a half a pound of turkey meat with one minced clove of garlic.  The original recipe (from cooks.com) also calls for onion, but that's a swear word in this house.

Then I added the spices (which I don't usually measure, I just eyeball it).  1/2 tsp. basil, 1/4 tsp. oregano, and 1 tsp. worcestershire sauce.

 Last but not least, layer all the ingredients.  Put the zucchinis in a dish, scoop in the turkey, pour over a can of tomato sauce and sprinkle on some parmesan cheese.
Bake at 325 for 50-60 mins and it is done!  Delicious and nutritious!

Rating:  4.9 stars.  I can't think of anything much better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment